Guidelines for May Graduation - PhD Students
- Apply for graduation in January, by the deadline set by the Graduate School. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org stating the specific deadline date.
- Dissertation proposal must be completed before a dissertation is submitted.
- The online defense form of the thesis review report (both available online) must be submitted 1 week prior to defense. Emails from off-campus committee members stating that the dissertation is ready for defense are acceptable.
- Thesis coversheet must have ORIGINAL signatures from all committee members.
- Dissertation defense report form (ballot) must be signed at the defense and sent to the registrar. Your Director of Graduate Studies (Dr. Fonzi) has this form since it is not available online.
The best source for comprehensive information on dissertations is https://grad.georgetown.edu/academics/dissertation-thesis-information.
Guidelines for Dissertation (Common Mistakes)
- The title and name on the dissertation must match the name on the student’s transcript.
- 12 point font
- Must have 1 inch margins (top, bottom, left, right) and the page numbers must also have 1 inch margins.
- The abstract is limited to 350 words.
- Items in Table of Contents must match the headings and subheadings in text.
- If you want to participate in May graduation, the dissertation must be accepted by the Graduate School after completing formatting review no later than May 1 by 5:00 p.m.
- Any questions - Contact email@example.com.