Guidelines for May Graduation - PhD Students
- Apply for graduation in January, by the deadline set by the Graduate School. You will receive an email from Sarah Magnuski stating the specific deadline date. Changes in the degree application (i.e. dissertation title) can be made via email to Sarah Magnuski, (email@example.com) until late April.
- Dissertation proposal must be completed before a dissertation is submitted.
- The online defense form and a hard copy of the thesis review report (both available online) must be submitted 1 week prior to defense. Emails from off-campus committee members stating that the dissertation is ready for defense are acceptable.
- Thesis coversheet must have ORIGINAL signatures from all committee members.
- Dissertation defense report form (ballot) must be signed at the defense and sent to the registrar. Your Director of Graduate Studies (Dr. Fonzi) has this form since it is not available online.
Guidelines for Dissertation (Common Mistakes)
- The title and name on the dissertation must be consistent with the University system (Registrar's office) and must match the title on the degree application.
- 10 point font or LARGER
- No special characters (i.e. ! or ?) are allowed in the title or abstract.
- Must have 1.25 inch margins (top, bottom, left, right) and the page numbers must also have 1.25 inch margins.
- Extra copy of the title page and abstract.
- The abstract is limited to 350 words.
- Need an extra title page for every 350 pages (for additional volumes).
- Heading in Table of Contents must match the headings in text.
- If you want to participate in May graduation, the dissertation must be submitted to Sarah no later than May 1 by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit the Graduate School office (ICC-302) for a copy of "Publishing Your Dissertation": a brochure on how to obtain bound copies of your thesis. etc.
- Also a list of binderies is emailed out by Sarah if you want to bind your thesis on your own and not through the University.
- Any questions - Contact Sarah Magnuski: firstname.lastname@example.org
For forms: https://grad.georgetown.edu/academics/academic-forms